Wired Living

Tuesday 10 April 2007

USBMicro - Digital I/O Device - Arrived

Got the USBMicro unit last week - and looks like it will be pretty easy to write up a little xpl app to read the inputs. (Comes with a DLL and loads of sample code).

Have already started working on it - just getting my head around it all as I haven't built any xpl apps before - but do have some VB6 experience (albiet quite a while ago) but have found loads of samples I can use as a base (nice work Ian Lowe) I'll just be building it to support the digital input side of things - as I'm going to use it to read in PIR/switches into XPLHal for my own HA project - but will share the code once I have it working - so that it could be improved upon to control external devices/relays etc.

The device looks damn useful - as it can also be used for 16 digital inputs or outputs, read 1 wire devices / stepper motors / spi / control LCDs / Relays and a bunch of other potentially useful stuff - so definately worth a looking into if you're looking for cheap but powerful way to get something connected.

Was under $50 australian (US$40) including worldwide shipping Got mine from here

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home