Wired Living

Sunday 18 March 2007

XPL Script: Sending Status Messages to Twitter

I stumbed cross twitter a couple of months back, and didn't think much of it.. I thought i'd just leave it to the MySpace teens to play with... Who really wants to know what i'm doing at any waking moment? (well besides my gf :o) )

Then I came across Gordon Meyer's Post on using Twitter to send status messages to his phone, email, web, widget..




BRILLIANT... Now I don't need to code something myself!.. I could even work the above widget straight onto a touchscreen interface!

So here it is.. An quick XPL script I wrote to basically relay OSD messages to a nominated Twitter.com account..

What it Does
  • Piggy-backs of another OSD device and relays the message via http get to a Twitter account.

How to Install it

  • Download the script and save it to the scripts folder (or create a new user script and cut & paste the code in)
  • Change the user/password variables in the script to your own (well hour house's)
  • Add a trigger to the device you want relay messages from (eg device script: Slimdev_Slimserv_slim1.xpl)
  • Send an OSD message to that device and whalla - Twittered!

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home